Restorative Practice is a way of thinking and being, focused on creating safe spaces for real conversations that deepen relationships and build stronger more connected communities.
Read this article to learn more about what it is and what it is not.
Professional Development Opportunities
- ITRP SaferSanerSchools
- This is a professional development program that works with schools to create an implementation plan model to transform school climate.
- Resource Practice Guide for Educators
- This toolkit aims to help educators better understand restorative practices and how they can support student mental health and wellbeing.
- Six Tools for Restorative Practices
- A large component of restorative practices is relationships building. These tools focus on connecting and fostering sustainable relationships in the classroom.
- Restorative Practices and SEL Alignment
- Social and emotional learning (SEL) and restorative practices (RP) are tools that intentionally build equitable school environments with a focus on improving school climate and relationship building.